Three artists from the Philippines are coming to entertain the Filipino-Australian audience in Sydney on Saturday, 24th October 2015 at Rooty Hill RSL Club
• MELANIE MARQUEZ * JOEY MARQUEZ * WYN WYN MARQUEZ *
• “We are avid supporters of ASK Foundation, Inc. (Philippines) and we take pride in sharing our talents not only to entertain our kababayans in Sydney but most of all to raise funds for their 2016 mission to help the disadvantaged Filipino children, waiving our talent fees.”
• Who is Melanie Marquez?
• WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET!!
• A FAITHFUL FOLLOWER OF GOD, A DEVOUT MORMON!
• AS AN ARTIST...SHE IS ECCENTRIC!!
• AS A MOTHER, HER 6 CHILDREN ARE HER INSPIRATION...HER FAMILY MOTIVATES HER AND THEY ARE HER VERY EXISTENCE IN THIS WORLD.
• SHE JOINED BB PILIPINAS AT AGE 17 AND WON THE COVETED TITLE AS MISS INTERNATIONAL IN 1979.
• SHE THEN JOINED SHOW BUSINESS AS AN ACTOR AND PRODUCED HER OWN LIFE STORY UNDER MM FILMS, ”THE LIFE STORY OF MELANIE MARQUEZ”. SHE WON THE “BEST ACTRESS” FAMAS AWARD FOR THIS MOVIE.
• SHE HAS CONTINUED HER SHOW BIZ CAREER TO DATE, IS ONE OF THE TELESERE CAST OF “JUAN TAMAD” IN CHANNEL 7.
“I started working at the age of 13 as a janitor in Clark Air Base in Angeles, Pampanga earning 7 pesos a day and I also washed the cars of American service men for 2 dollars each during my lunch breaks, attended school after work in the afternoon in Angeles University.
At the age of 15, I played basketball for the school team and got my sports scholarship until the time when I was drafted to play for the national youth team which played in various international games (Asean games) and also in the world youth game that was held in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
After the national youth team, I got to play in a commercial league that gave me a chance to earn more. I was asked to play in the professional league (PBA) in 1981, played with Great Tease Coffee, Gilbeys Gin, Presto, Hill Bro Coffee and finally played in Ginebra San Miguel up to 1987.
I got an offer to play Tsong in “Palibhasa Lalaki” in a sitcom in ABS CBN until I decided to stick it out in showbiz up to the present.
I got 2 awards in the movies as best supporting action actor in the movie OTJ and Kubot the Aswang chronicle two years ago.
In 1991, I was asked to run for vice mayor for Paranaque, a municipality then, not really knowing the function how to become one, I was more scared of winning than losing for I didn’t really know what I will become if I win. To my suprise, I won the biggest margin against my opponents, it was a landslide victory.
I took the responsiblity seriously. I took up a course for parliamentary procedures and basic law. I was the presiding officer in the Sangunihang Bayan.
After one term as a Vice Mayor, in 1995, I run for Mayor in Paranaque. Again I won by a landslide against the incumbent mayor. I became the youngest mayor of Paranaque and the first mayor who finished the three terms.
In 1995, Paranaque was a municipality with 198 million budget a year and with a population of more than 2 million in a 47,5 square kilometer land area having only less than 45 banks. Between 1995 to 2004, I increased the budget to 1.8 billion pesos without an increase of taxes by a comprehensive tax collection and opening Paranaque as a haven for investors giving them a tax holiday for 5 years provident. They hired 70 percent of the employees from Paranaque which generated more than 140,000 new jobs .
In 1997, the municipality of Paranaque became a highly urbanize city. It’s now called the City of Paranaque to the present. In my term as a Mayor. for 9 years, I have served my people as a servant and not as a boss.”
Teresita Ssen “Wynwyn” Moreno Marquez was born in May 4, 1992 to actor-politician Joey Marquez and actress-politician Alma Moreno.
She started her career in 2010. She went on to carve a name for herself as a dancer and as an actress. She is also a model and TV personality.
Wyn wyn Marquez was an official candidate for Binibining Pilipinas 2015 that was hosted at the Smart Araneta Coliseum on March 15, 2015. She represented Paranaque City. She won the Best National Costume award. She was also one of the 15 finalists. (Wikipedia)